Topped with shredded cheddar and crumbled bacon this easy corn casserole is simple to make and just yummy! There are so many variations you can make to it. Try mixing the cheddar and/or into the casserole. Toss in some chopped and sauteed jalapeno peppers for some added zip. Your tastebuds are the limit!
This easy corn casserole makes a great side for Chicken Chili Verde and Beef Chili with Beans 2 Ways – try them both!
Some tips: If you don’t have creamed corn on hand, just drain most of the liquid out of a can of sweet corn and toss it into your blender, then blend until fairly smooth with some pieces of corn still visible. And instead of the dry ingredients, if you have a box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix, use it in their place.
Baking tips: The baking time will vary depending on the type of pan you put it in. I use an 8×8 baking dish, and it takes about 55 minutes. If you use a 9×13, it won’t take as long because the casserole is spread out thinner. Just test the middle with a toothpick – you’ll know it’s done when it comes out clean, except for maybe the shredded cheddar from the topping.
Easy Corn Casserole
- ⅔ cup All purpose flour
- ½ cup yellow corn meal
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 15 oz canned sweet corn drained
- 15 oz canned creamed corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup butter melted
- 6 slices cooked crispy bacon crumbled
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix them well with a wire whisk. As an alternative to the dry ingredients, use a box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, 8½ oz.
- Add the two corns, sour cream and butter to the dry ingredients and mix until well-incorporated.
- Lightly grease a baking pan or casserole and pour in the ingredients.
- Begin baking the casserole.
- While the casserole is baking, fry the bacon until crisp. Cool slightly and crumble, set a side.
- After about 25-30 minutes of baking time, remove the casserole from the oven and top it with the shredded cheese and crumbled bacon. Return it to the oven and finish baking. Baking time with depend on the depth of the pan you use. I used an 8×8 pan, which took 55 minutes at 350°.