Quick and easy to assemble, this fool-proof recipe for Insanely Easy and Delicious Banana Bread is one you’ll be adding to your recipe collection. Be sure to use over-ripe bananas for that best possible banana flavor.
Insanely Easy and Delicious Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts ¼ cup set aside for topping the batter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 medium bananas very ripe and soft, mashed
- Preheat oven to 350° and make sure the oven rack is in the middle.
- In a large bowl or stand-mixer, mix the sugar and butter. Add the eggs and lemon juice and continue mixing until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add to the sugar-butter-egg mixture, and stir until well mixed.
- Add ½ cup of the walnuts (reserving ¼ cup), the sour cream, and the mashed bananas.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan. Top with the remaining walnuts, running down the center. Bake on the center rack for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow it to cool in the baking pan about 15 minutes, then remove to finish cooling.
- If you can't stand to wait, now is the perfect time to have a slice, with or without butter!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!